Artem graduated in 2008 from Donbas National Academy of Civil Engineering with master degree in mechanical engineering.
Being always a software engineer and mathematician by heart it took 8 years though to transition to the world of software development.
In 2016 Artem started a project where quickly migrated from the product owner role into the team lead and software developer. With extensive educational program in computer science, machine learning and python programming language, in 2019, Artem were able to work independently as a software engineer. In 2020, with a help of his team, he was creating architectures for all software company products and implemented them together with his team.
In 2021, Artem completely converged into Python Software engineer with the passion to modern Python3, concurrency and typing.
Interested in software architectures, data engineering, web applications, ml architectures, cli tools, dev-ops, ml-ops, ci etc.
He is always learning and applying.
- Linux OS - Programming languages ( `python`, `scala`, `bash`, ) - Cloud native applications ( `docker`, `kubernetes`, `openshift`, ) - Software development ( `web applications`, `apis`, `microservices`, `cli tools`, `concurrency|asyncio`, ) - Contnious delivery and orchestration ( `ansible`, `gitlab-ci`, `github actions`, ) - Databases ( `postgres`, `redis`, ) - Data and ml tools ( `numpy`, `pandas`, `scipy`, `pytorch`, `scikit-learn`, `xgboost`, ) - Other ( `pytest`, `asyncio`, `aiohttp`, `fastapi`, `mypy`, `vim`, )
Examples of my work¶
I contribute to open-source:
- async cli app for processing big files with logs - https://gitlab.com/zhukovgreen/radar_assignment
- example of data analysis - https://gitlab.com/zhukovgreen/creditcards_analysis
- telegram bot for processing data from your google calendar - https://github.com/ZhukovGreen/gcal_time_track_tg_bot
- My talks repo - https://github.com/ZhukovGreen/talks
- Using asyncio for building cli applications (PyAmsterdam 2020) - https://py.amsterdam/2020/10/15/virtual-pyamsterdamnowtzzoneinfoeuropeamsterdam-stayathome.html
- HVAC engineer and Python (Pycon CZ 2018) - https://youtu.be/KAZn2Fhh7f4?t=324
Data Engineer at Absa¶
Dates Employed Aug 2021 - present
Senior Software Engineer at Redhat¶
Dates Employed Jul 2021 - Aug 2021
Working in the Convert2RHEL team. Designing the simple, but specific and reach CI system for developing and running integration tests (libvirt, ansible, testing farm, tmt). Developing new features in the upstream project, code review. Adopting pytest, transition the app to python3, mentoring.
A note from the promotion document:
Artem joined Red Hat during the spring of 2020 as a software developer working on the LEAPP team. Artem’s enthusiasm for Python and pythonic development practices soon led him to adopt an advocacy role on his team. Artem transitioned to the Convert2RHEL team in early 2021, and rapidly became one of the team’s most prolific contributors. He continued to broaden his reach beyond his SST by creating a hardware deprecation database and associated microservice which helps to take the mystery out of hardware support. Artem’s creativity and energy have made him a true asset to his teams.
Software Engineer at Redhat¶
Dates Employed Apr 2020 - June 2020
I am working in OS & App modernization team (OAMG)
Primary responsibilities are: - Maintaining contributing to OAMG repositories https://github.com/oamg - Developing a data delivery system ( internal framework to distribute various data to its clients ) - Working on convert2rhel utility (new features and the CI)
Software engineer and tech lead at Remak¶
Dates Employed Jan 2016 – Jan 2020
Building a software platform to support new products and company processes.
HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) professional¶
Dates Employed May 2006 – Aug 2016
I was working in a variety of positions within the HVAC industry - Compact Air Handling Units (AHU) project manager (~ 1 year) - AHU technical support (~1 year) - HVAC designer (~5 years) - Energy modeler for LEED certification (~ 1 year) - Technical supervisor on site (~1 years) - Ventilation systems installer (~1 year)
Stanford University Online¶
Degree Name Online Education Field Of Study CS229: Machine Learning Grade NA Dates attended or expected graduation 2016 – 2017
I passed through all lecture videos and keynotes, resolved all assignments. Course syllabus: http://cs229.stanford.edu/syllabus.html
Degree Name Nano-degree Field Of Study Machine Learning Grade Nano-degree Dates attended or expected graduation 2016 – 2018
Donbass State Academy of Civil Engineering and Architecture¶
Degree Name Master’s Degree Field Of Study Mechanical Engineering (HVAC) Grade M.Sc. in heating, ventilation, air conditioning systems Dates attended or expected graduation 2002 – 2008
This is my primary base education. A lot of mathematics, physics, and drawings.
- Udacity: PyTorch Scholarship Challenge from Facebook
- A vast amount of different courses at Udemy, such as data structures and algorithms, PyTorch Reinforcement learning, etc.
- Russian - native
- English - good professional level
- Czech - good professional level